There are plenty of methods available online to run YouTube videos and music in the background. You can play youtube with screen off Android devices only. I’ve tested most of them and found these two methods working on the majority of devices. This method is to play and run youtube background playback without Xposed Module or Lucky Patcher. I’ve tried this on Android Nougat 7.1.1
Requires less installation and one-time setup. These are modded YouTube application which will
- enables background / screen-off playback
- removes ads
All thanks to some recognized developers, they have made an application (apk) which meets all our requirement. This even let you play youtube on lock screen android device
Some notable features in the modded app
- Exclusive Adblock script
- Optimal Codec Settings for Better Video Quality and Less Bandwidth Consumption (Settings -> IYTBP Settings)
- Override Max Resolution Limit (Experimental) (Settings -> IYTBP Settings)
- Preferred Video Quality Switch (Settings -> IYTBP Settings)
- Video Speed Settings
- Simple Mod to enable video background playback
- Enable/Disable background playback via Settings
- Single App for All Android Devices
- Supports Casting all features (no ads on external devices)
How to Run YouTube Videos and Music in Background (Non-Root Method)
A lot of users haven’t rooted their phones or don’t want to get into the risky process. This method will definitely help you run and play all the YouTube videos and music in the background.
- Delete the current YouTube App completely and Reboot
- Download the latest version of YouTube Playback NON ROOT from here [LINK] [MIRROR]
- Currently, latest version is 12.32.59 and can be downloaded from here – [LINK] [MIRROR]
- Install the app on your phone just like any other normal app
- Voila! You are done. Now you have the modded YouTube App which supports background playback.
How to Run YouTube Videos and Music in Background (Root Method)
This is quite complicated but at the end, YouTube app will be installed as system app. Unlike the non-root method which installs YouTube as a user app. For this method, you need Root Access and Custom Recovery to be installed. If you don’t have root or custom recovery, comment down with your phone model name. I’ll send you instructions for same. For those with Root Access and Custom Recovery, proceed with below-mentioned steps
- Download the installation file and place in internal storage root- iYTBP-youtube-vanced-installer.zip [LINK]
- Download this latest version file and place it in Download Folder [LINK]
- Boot into Custom Recovery
- Install or Flash iYTBP-youtube-vanced-installer.zip
- It will automatically install the files.
- Reboot and it’s Done!
Note: Don’t place multiple YouTube apk in Download folder. Also, make sure the files are downloaded and placed properly. If you find any difficulty, please comment below. Enjoy!
What are other people looking at
- Youtube Background Android Root
- Play Youtube In Background Android Root
- Youtube Background
- Run Youtube In Background
- How To Access Iytbp Settings
- Root Youtube Background
- How To Make Youtube App Play In Background Android