Easiest and fastest method to root moto z2 play without bootloop or brick using Magisk and TWRP. In this tutorial, I’ll be covering method to unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery TWRP and root your Android device.
The Moto Z2 Play was launched last year after Moto Z Play brining upgrade on both software and hardware end. The Moto Z2 Play sports full HD 5.5inch display, 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 626 Octa-core processor clubbed with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory. In terms of camera, it has 12MP back camera and 5MP front shooter.
With amazing XDA community and support for the device, custom ROM, custom applications and rooting unrooting has been very easy. Today, I’ll share the quick method to root and install a custom recovery on Moto Z2 Play. Works for the Indian version.
If you don’t follow the guide properly, there will be chances of damage and complete failure of a mobile device. Follow at your own risk.
- This guide is only meant for Motorola Moto Z2 Play. Do not try this on other Android phones.
- Make sure Bootloader is Unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers Menu
- Make sure you have all the drivers installed.
- Maintain at least 60% battery before following the procedure
- Make sure the connection between PC and mobile phone is good. Don’t use lose cable
- Follow the guide step-by-step and completely.
- Magisk Manager v5.3.0 apk file
- Magisk v16.0 zip
- TWRP 184.108.40.206 albus Moto Z2 Play
- Motorola Device Manager
- Universal ADB Windows Driver
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play Motorola
Note: ONLY PROCEED if BOOTLOADER is UNLOCKED.
- Download all the required files from Download Section above for root Moto Z2 Play
- Copy all the files in the ADB folder for quick installation
- Connect your Moto Z2 Play with USB Cable and open command prompt
- Reboot your Moto Z2 Play into fastboot by entering – adb reboot bootloader
- Once in fastboot mode, enter this command – fastboot flash recovery twrp_3.2.1-0_albus.img
- This will flash Recovery TWRP on your Moto Z2 Play. After that reboot by – fastboot reboot
- You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
How to Root Moto Z2 Play Motorola
- Download Magisk from Download Section above
- Copy the zip file to your internal storage of Moto Z2 Play
- Connect your device to PC
- Run this command to enter in recovery mode – adb reboot recovery
- You’ll see TWRP recovery screen, tap Install > Select Magisk zip file
- Let the process complete and tap Reboot
- You have successfully rooted your Android device.
This is how you can easily install TWRP recovery on your Moto Z2 Play and Root Moto Z2 Play without the fear of bootloop or brick. If you face any issue, feel free to comment below. I’ll solve your issue 🙂