How to Block Phone Calls and SMS on Lumia 520/620/720/920/925 using the Call+SMS Filter App
Following methods are applicable to Lumia 520, Lumia 620, Lumia 720, Lumia 920 and Lumia 925. It works for Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia Windows Phone. Article updated with Call Pusher App.
How to block Calls from specific Phone Number:
- Go to Phone on the Start Screen
- In the call history, long-tap on the phone number which you would like to block
- In the drop-down menu, select Block Number
- Agree when the phone asks. After approval, the phone number will be added to the blocked list.
How to block Text Messages or SMS from specific Phone Number:
- Go to Messaging
- Long-tap on the thread of the SMS or text message
- Select Block number from the drop down menu
- The phone will ask you for confirmation
- Upon confirmation, the phone number will be added to block list and you’ll no longer receive SMS or text messages originating from that phone number.
There is a workaround available if Call Blocking Option does not show up automatically.
Follow this and you’ll be able to see Call and SMS Blocking App
- Install “Sysapp Pusher” from the app store. Link to store Sysapp Pusher
- Refresh the app list, then install “Accessories” from the Nokia list.
This will now add call blocking app and will show up on your setting list, near the bottom. This will work perfectly with Microsoft Lumia Windows Phone and Nokia Lumia Windows Phone.
What are other people looking at
- How To Block Calls On Lumia
- How To Block Number Using Window Nokia 520
- How To Block Calls On Nokia 520
- How To Block Calls In Nokia Lumia 520