If you don’t follow the guide properly, there will be chances of damage and complete failure of mobile device. Follow at your own risk.
- This guide is only meant for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL. Do not try this with other Android phone.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers Menu
- Make sure you have all the drivers installed.
- Maintain at least 60% battery before following the procedure
- Make sure the connection between PC and mobile phone is good. Don’t use lose cable
- Follow the guide step-by-step and completely.
Drivers – http://pdanet.co
Minimal ADB and Fastboot – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
Root File for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL – http://bit.ly/Asus_Zenfone_Max_Root_File
TWRP Recovery for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL – http://bit.ly/Asus_Zenfone_Max_TWRP_Recovery_Download
How to root Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL with PC
- Download the Root File and copy the zip file to your Internal Storage
- Power off the Phone
- Boot in Fastboot Mode Press Volume Up + Power Button simultaneously
- Connect phone to PC by USB Cable
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot > Run as Administrator
- Command Window will show up. Now follow these commands
- You’ll see your device listed. Now type this
fastboot flash recovery [file location]
- Power off the phone
- Boot into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Down + Power
- Now go to Install > Select Root File > Flash > Reboot
You have successfully rooted your Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL. If you wish to Unroot your Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL in future, follow this guide here LINK