If you don’t follow the guide properly, there will be chances of damage and complete failure of mobile device. Follow at your own risk.
- This guide is only meant for Lenovo Vibe K5 and Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus. Do not try this with other Android phone.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers Menu
- Make sure you have all the drivers installed.
- Maintain at least 60% battery before following the procedure
- Make sure the connection between PC and mobile phone is good. Don’t use lose cable
- Follow the guide step-by-step and completely.
This is test on A6020a40 version. It also works for A6020i36 A6020a46 variants.
TWPR Recovery – TWRP v3 Download
Minimal ADB and Fastboot – Minimal ADB and Fastboot Download
SuperSU v2.46 – SuperSu v2.46 Download
How to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 and Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus with Recovery TWRP
- Enable OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer > Unlock OEM
- Connect the phone to PC with USB cable
- Download TWPR Recovery File (Link above) and place in ADB folder
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot Folder > Run as administrator
- Now enter these commands in the command window
- This will confirm the adb connection
- Now put
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery TWRP-k5-3.0.2-r1_shreps.img
Now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Lenovo Vibe K5 or Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
Now follow this guide for Rooting
- Download the SuperSU v2.46 file from above. Link given in Download Section
- Copy the zip file in SD card
- Power Off the phone
- Boot the phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Power)
- Screen will appear with various option. Select Recovery
- Now select Install and choose the SuperSu v2.46 file
- Confirm flashing
- Restart your Lenovo Vibe K5 or Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
You have successfully rooted your Lenovo Vibe K5 or Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus with TWRP as recovery.