Google has rolled out Anroid 4.4.1 update for Nexus 4, Nexus 7(LTE), Nexus 7(WiFi) and Nexus 10 devices. You can download the update file and flash it on your phone so as to install Android 4.4.1
ONLY PROCEED IF YOU ARE RUNNING YOUR NEXUS DEVICE ON STOCK ROM.
- Download the update package from Google.
- Reboot your Nexus device. Get into fastboot menu by holding Volume Down button while booting up. Once you see the fastboot menu and the word Start, press Volume Up a few times until you see Recovery and then press the Power button to enter recovery.
- You will see an Android with a red exclamation point. Now press Volume Up+ Power together, and you should see the menu below.
- Select the 2nd option called apply update from adb.
- Now connect your Nexus device to your computer via USB cable.
- Make sure you have latest version of Android SDK which supports sideload command.
- Keep the zip file you downloaded in first step on your computer and launch up command prompt (cmd – Windows, regular shell – Mac and Linux) in the same directory as the zip file is saved in.
- Now type
adb sideload filename.zip
- Now you should see progress bar going up to 100% and the update will start installing.
- Reboot your device and enjoy Android 4.4.1 on your Nexus device